You are an absolutely amazing teacher. I learned more from you in one day than I did in my year-long writing intensive. —Karen Terrell
Tanja has the amazing talent of creating a totally positive and magical environment where writers can feel comfortable and confident enough to share their most intimate work while giving deeply reflective and creative feedback. –S.S.
Tanja is more a “book therapist” than coach because she’s experienced firsthand a writer’s inner critic saying, “No one wants to hear your story.” Offering the perfect balance of “Do better” with “You can do it,” she’s capable of simply getting authors to sit butt in chair and write. Even as a professional writer myself, I couldn’t have committed to my memoir without her compassionate guidance. –Heather Mundt
Coaching is tailored to your needs and expertise level and meets you where you’re at—whether you’re just starting a project, are stuck or are looking for concrete support to help you reach the finish line. Coaching can be helpful whether you’re just starting to explore your story or are writing an essay or a book. Writing coaching typically includes a mix of the following:
- Help clarifying your project’s focus and narrowing your audience and goals.
- Help creating a road map for your project.
- Help setting up a consistent writing schedule that works for you.
- Craft and technique teaching to address
- story structure
- character development
- perspective and/or point of view (POV)
- showing v. telling and
- narrative style and organization.
- Support, coaching and resources for inner critic and writer’s block.
- Accountability and support. In between calls, you’ll send me progress reports to stay accountable.
I offer coaching packages of various levels depending on how often you’d like to meet and how many pages you anticipate producing.
If you’re interested in writing coaching, please reach out. I offer 30-minute introductory calls to ensure we’re a good fit and see how we might work together. There’s no charge for these calls.Get in touch