Tanja helped me jumpstart my ‘book,” the one that’s been lying around in my office on sticky notes and scraps of paper for 22 years. She’s a master at conveying the process of writing, how to focus and what to do when you’re starting to go in circles and feel overwhelmed. I’ve gotten perfect coaching and great tools to stay on task, but more than that, insights into both the mechanics and heart of writing that bring me wholeheartedly into the process. –-Kim Mooney, Thanatologist. Practically Dying, LLC
Tanja is more a “book therapist” than coach because she’s experienced firsthand a writer’s inner critic saying, “No one wants to hear your story.” Offering the perfect balance of “Do better” with “You can do it,” she’s capable of simply getting authors to sit butt in chair and write. Even as a professional writer myself, I couldn’t have committed to my memoir without her compassionate guidance. –Heather Mundt
I offer writing 1-on-1 coaching for those who’d like to work with me individually.
Coaching is tailored to the client’s needs and expertise level and meets you where you’re at—whether you’re just starting a project, are stuck or are looking for concrete support to help you finish. Coaching can be helpful whether you’re exploring your story, are writing an essay or blog post or are writing a book and typically includes a mix of the following:
- Help clarifying your book’s focus and narrowing your book’s audience and goals.
- Help creating a road map for your book.
- Help setting up a consistent writing schedule that works for you.
- Craft and technique tips and teaching to address
- story structure
- character development
- perspective and/or point of view (POV)
- showing v. telling and
- narrative style and organization.
- Support, coaching and resources for inner critic and writer’s block.
- Accountability and support.
Click here for a full description of my services and pricing. If you’d like to learn more, please contact me. I offer complimentary 30 minute consultations to see how we might work together.