If you’d like support for your writing, here are my spring 2021 offerings:
- Memoir Mastery (a 9-week comprehensive course) and
- the Writer’s Circle (a small, 3-month writer’s group).
Both offerings start in early April; descriptions are below. If you’re not sure where to begin, I recommend starting with Memoir Mastery. It’s my flagship course and will give you everything you need to know to write a compelling memoir.
In this comprehensive 9-week course, you’ll go from feeling alone, confused and overwhelmed to feeling excited and supported in the power of your story, clear in its scope, and confident in the craft and technique of creating a compelling memoir.
With 6 online modules, 6 live coaching calls and a private community forum, you’ll get plenty of support and accountability as well as laser-focused coaching within a wonderfully supportive community. You’ll leave this course with a strong foundation for your memoir as well as a clear set of next steps.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
The keys to writing memoir are getting the right structure, accountability, encouragement and support. That’s why I’ve built the following pieces into this course:
- 2 “on-ramp” bonus trainings to help you get your (mindset) game on and set up a writing schedule you can adhere to.
- 6 online modules covering craft and technique as well as weekly mindset tips. Each module is broken into bite-sized steps, with downloadable video trainings and supporting PDFs accessible to you for the lifetime of the course.
- 7 live group coaching calls (we’ll meet on Zoom, and all calls will be recorded in case you’re unable to make it).
- Private forum for Q&A, support and accountability.
- 4 “lift-off” bonus interviews with authors, editors and book reviewers to clarify next steps.
Click here to read a full description of the course.
We start on April 6, 2021.
Early bird registration will open in early March. Keep an eye on your email for the early bird 15% discount code. If you’re not on our email list yet, you can join us here.
Please note: I’m also offering a limited number of 30% partial scholarships to BIPOC writers as well as those in true financial need. Click here to apply.
As always, alumni who’d like to join us will receive a 50% discount. Please contact me for registration information.
Click here to learn more about the course.
A small 3-month writer’s circle with accountability, support and feedback to help you hit your writing goals.
Here’s what our 3 months together will look like:
- Write 30-40 pages during our time together.
- Weekly Monday accountability check-ins to declare what you’ll be working on.
- Biweekly Zoom calls to share and receive feedback on your writing. During our time together, we’ll cheer you on, give well-crafted feedback and address any sticking points.
- Share and receive written feedback on your writing from me as well as your fellow writers. Give feedback on your peers’ writing.
- Here’s our schedule:
April: Write 3-5 pages twice (6-10 pages total). Receive positive feedback and see how your writing is landing with your reader. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and receive deeper feedback, if you’d like.
May: Write 10-15 pages and receive comprehensive feedback on strengths as well as opportunities for improvement.
June: Write 10-15 pages and receive comprehensive feedback on strengths well as identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Here’s our schedule:
- Comprehensive feedback will address the craft and technique of memoir, including: story structure, pacing (scene vs. summary), character development, conflict, setting, dialogue, tone/voice and narrative style and organization.
- This community has been created to prioritize safety, support and confidentiality so that you can make consistent progress with your writing.
Calls are from 1-3pm MST every other Wed on Zoom
(12-2pm PST, 2-4pm CST, 3-5pm EST)
We’ll meet on the following dates:
April 7 & 21, May 5 & 19, June 2, 16 & 30
Group size: The writer’s circle is limited to 6 writers. Priority is given to current and past Memoir Mastery students before enrollment opens to the larger community.
If you’re a current or past Memoir Mastery student, please contact me for more information and/or to register. Registration will open to the larger community in mid-March.
Cost: $450 one-time payment or three payments of $155.
As always, please reach out with questions. Hit “reply” or email me directly at tanja [at] tanjapajevic [dot] com.
Wishing you a wonderful week!
P.S.: One of the things I’ve learned from my therapist friends is that February is a difficult month in the grief/therapy world, and I imagine that’s even more true this year due to the pandemic. Please consider sharing my book The Secret Life of Grief: A Memoir with someone who might find it helpful.