My book has sat on a shelf for literally years. Tanja has given me the support, confidence and, especially, the information I need to get it out into the world. From deciding how I want to publish to estimates to networking with professionals in the publishing world, the course has helped incredibly! –Jennifer Hinton
Thank you sooo much for this class!!! You’ve provided me with answers to questions I did not even know I needed to ask. I feel what I learned from you on the very fist module was worth the price of the entirety of the course. –Marcella Moy
Tanja has the amazing talent of creating a totally positive and magical environment where writers can feel comfortable and confident enough to share their most intimate work while giving deeply reflective and creative feedback. –S.S.
I think you created this directly for me. I’ve been vacillating on my book for months … sucking up all my energy. This helped me be brave and just decide already! – W.K.
Jumpstart Your Book Virtual Retreat
A 3-hour live, online retreat you can access anywhere.
During our time together, you’ll get crystal clear on
- why you’re writing your book,
- who it’s for, and
- what your next steps are.
(Psst: The answers to those first two questions drive everything. Knowing your book’s specific audience and goal will save you tons of time and money, as well as lots of revisions. Skip this and you’re setting yourself up for lots of frustration and rewrites.)
We’ll also nail down your book’s main themes AND begin your outline.
You’ll leave this 3-hour workshop with a roadmap for your book, as well as a clear set of next steps.
How cool is that?!
Click here for more information and to register. Or copy and paste the following url into a new browser: https://tanjapajevic.lpages.co/jumpstart-your-book/
How to Write Your Memoir
Ready to tell your story, but aren’t sure where to start? In this 6-week online course, we’ll delve into the heart of your story, uncover its transformational power, and teach you how to bring your story to life on the page. I’ll walk you through the craft and technique of memoir, show you how to create a writing schedule that works for you, and help you navigate writer’s block as well as the complex ethical questions that come from sharing your life story.
We’ll cover the ingredients of a compelling memoir, from finding your story’s specific structure to creating a cohesive narrative to ensuring that your story’s main characters and pivotal scenes are powerfully rendered on the page. We’ll also discuss your book’s larger path in the world, exploring traditional publishing as well as indie publishing and deciding which is a better fit for you.
- Module 1: Getting the Lay of the Land: Clarifying Audience and Goal, Identifying Narrative Arc, Demystifying Ethical Issues, Exploring Mindset
- Module 2: Creating Effective Narrative Arc: Scene v. Summary and Other Good Stuff From the Movies
- Module 3: Creating Characters that Jump Off the Page (Aka: I Know That Guy!)
- Module 4: Crafting Realistic Dialogue: How People Really Talk
- Module 5: The Big Picture—Bringing Your Memoir into the World
- Module 6: Planning for Success: Revision and Next Steps
The course includes 4 bonus interviews jam-packed with expert advice:
- On Writing Your Memoir with Gail Storey
- What You Need to Know Before Submitting Your Manuscript with Melanie Mulhall
- Promoting Your Memoir with Nancy Saltzman
- What Your Book Reviewer Wants You to Know with Patti Thorn
Click here for more information as well as to register. Or cut and copy the following url into a new browser: https://tanjapajevic.lpages.co/how-to-write-your-memoir/
How to Get Your Book into the World
Ready to get your book into the world, but aren’t sure what to do or where to start? In today’s rapidly-changing world, it can be tricky to figure out whether to pursue traditional publishing or publish it yourself, much less promote your book. Maybe you’re wondering whether self-publishing still carries a stigma. And what the heck are you supposed to do first—write your book, contact publishers, create a website, start blogging? What?
I’ll walk you through the exact steps it takes to publish your book with a traditional publisher or publish it yourself, then we’ll figure out which one is right for you. And I’ll show you how to successfully promote your book, no matter which path you choose.
In this clear, easy-to-follow 5-week online course, we’ll identify your goals for your book and create your own personalized road map to get your book published. You’ll leave this course with a clear command of the steps involved, as well as a simple, straightforward plan for moving forward.
- Module 1: Choosing Your Book’s Most Powerful Path
- Module 2: Selling Your Book to a Traditional Publisher
- Module 3: The Power of Self-Publishing
- Module 4: Getting Off on the Right Foot: The Importance of Platform (and How to Start Growing Yours Today)
- Module 5: Pulling it all Together: Planning for Success
There are also 4 bonus interviews with the following fabulous teachers covering topics that folks told me were most important to them:
- Book Promotion and Marketing with Beth Hayden
- Ghostwriting with Amy Anderson
- Fear, Writing and Self-Care with Jen Louden
- Children’s Books with Janet Stevens
Click here for more information and to register. Or copy and paste the following url into a new browser: https://tanjapajevic.lpages.co/get-your-book-into-the-world-now/