What kind of support do you need to get your writing off to a great start in the New Year?
With the holidays upon us, now’s the perfect time to start planning for the New Year. To help with your planning, here are my offerings for the winter of 2020.
In addition to the classes below (scroll down for details), I also offer writing coaching and manuscript reviews. And remember: classes make great gifts for yourself or a loved one!
- Jan 11: Jumpstart Your Book (half-day)
- Jan 15: Memoir Mastery: How to Write a Compelling Memoir (8 week)
- Jan 20: How to Get Your Book into the World (5 week)
- Feb 1: Reboot Your Memoir (full-day)
- Feb—April: Writer’s Workshop (biweekly)
Here are the classes I’ll be teaching through Lighthouse Writers Workshop:
- Jan 7: What’s Your Story? Writing Compelling Memoir (8 week)
- Jan 8: Gotta Start Somewhere (4 week)
- Feb 5: Gotta Start Somewhere (4 week)
Sat. Jan 11: Jumpstart Your Book
- 10am-1pm MT
A 3-hour live, online retreat you can access anywhere. During our time together, you’ll get crystal clear on why you’re writing your book, who it’s for, and what your next steps are. We’ll also nail down your book’s main themes and begin your outline.
(Psst: The answers to those first two questions drive everything. Knowing your book’s specific audience and goal will save you tons of time and money, as well as lots of revisions. Skip this and you’re setting yourself up for lots of frustration and rewrites.)
You’ll leave this 3-hour workshop with a roadmap for your book, as well as a clear set of next steps.
Click here for info and to register. We meet on Zoom.
Jan 15: Memoir Mastery: How to Write a Compelling Memoir
In this comprehensive 8-week course, you’ll go from feeling alone, confused and overwhelmed to feeling excited and supported in the power of your story, clear in its scope, and confident in the craft and technique of creating a compelling memoir.
With 6 online modules, 3 live coaching calls and 2 group writing sessions, you’ll get plenty of support and accountability as well as laser-focused coaching within a wonderfully supportive community. You’ll leave this course with a strong foundation for your memoir as well as a clear set of next steps.
The 6 online modules address the craft and technique of writing compelling memoir and include weekly mindset tips. Each module is broken into bite-sized steps, with downloadable video trainings and supporting PDFs accessible to you for the lifetime of the course.
Jan 20: How to Get Your Book into the World
Ready to get your book into the world, but aren’t sure what to do or where to start? In today’s rapidly-changing world, it can be tricky to figure out whether to pursue traditional publishing or publish it yourself, much less promote your book. Maybe you’re wondering whether self-publishing still carries a stigma. And what the heck are you supposed to do first—write your book, contact publishers, create a website, start blogging? What?
I’ll walk you through the exact steps it takes to publish your book with a traditional publisher or publish it yourself, then we’ll figure out which one is right for you. And I’ll show you how to successfully promote your book, no matter which path you choose.
In this clear, easy-to-follow 5-week online course, we’ll identify your goals for your book and create your own personalized road map to get your book published. You’ll leave this course with a clear command of the steps involved, as well as a simple, straightforward plan for moving forward.
Sat. Feb 1: Reboot Your Memoir
- Sat. Feb 1, 2020
- 10am-3pm MT/ 11-4pm CT
A live, day-long virtual workshop.
Writing your memoir can be an especially rewarding journey. At times, it can also be quite challenging. On bad days, it can feel like you’re shooting at a moving target. There’s a reason so many memoirists get stuck, particularly once the initial excitement has worn off and we’re stuck in the mucky middle of writing a book.
In this live, day-long workshop, we’ll cover solid techniques for rebooting your memoir. We’ll reassess your current roadmap, define what’s working and clarify what needs tweaking. We’ll also identify the saboteurs that come with writing memoir, help you create a safe container for your writing and set you up for success.
Please note: This is a working class interspersed with plenty of teaching and support. As such, please plan on printing out your materials (whether you have 25 pages or 200) and bringing them to our workshop.
Click here to register. We’ll meet on Zoom.
A three-month writer’s group to provide you with accountability, community and writing support.
- Feb-April 2020
- Live, biweekly calls on Tuesdays 12-1:30pm MT/ 1-2:30pm CT
- 2/4, 2/18
- 3/3, 3/17
- 3/31, 4/14, 4/28
Where: on Zoom.
What we’ll be doing:
- Writing 10 pages a month (or 30 pages total).
- Getting feedback on 10 pages of writing twice during our 3 months together (or 20 pages total).
- Group writing time (30 min. each time we meet).
- Q&A and/or informal teaching topic each time we meet.
- Weekly check-in with your accountability buddy
Who: Limited to 6 writers
How much: $249
Who is this for?
The Writer’s Workshop is a good fit for you if you’re looking for:
- Dedicated writing time (2x month live writing with our group).
- We’ll be writing 10 pages a month (30 pages total). On the off-weeks, you’ll check in with your accountability buddy.
- Deadlines! You’ll have the opportunity to share up to 20 pages with the group (10 pages twice), receiving feedback on your writing.
- Help discerning what’s working with your manuscript as well as opportunities for growth and help with next steps.
- Teachings built around group needs.
- Community support.
This isn’t a good fit for you if:
- You’re looking for a lecture-style class.
- You’re not able to attend the bi-weekly Zoom calls live.
- You don’t want feedback on your writing.
- You’re not willing to show up for the other writers in the group as well as yourself.
- You don’t have the time and/or headspace to commit to yourself and our group.
If you’re interested in joining this round of our Writer’s Workshop, please email me to ensure you’re a good fit as well as to reserve your spot.
Note: Please carefully consider your level of commitment before registering. Since community, support and accountability are integral to the success of our group, there will be no refunds for the Writer’s Workshop.
These are live, in-person classes offered through Lighthouse Writer’s Workshop. Please note: registration occurs through Lighthouse.
Jan 7: What’s Your Story? Writing Compelling Memoir (8 week in-person workshop)
Jan 8: Gotta Start Somewhere (4 week in-person workshop)
Feb 5: Gotta Start Somewhere (4 week in-person workshop)
Which Offering is Right for You?
As you’ll see, there are all sorts of ways you can work with me, from coaching to manuscript reviews to a variety classes, so please choose the right fit for you. Winter offerings will fill up, though, so reserve your spot now!
As always, email me at tanja [at] tanjapajevic [dot] com with questions. You can also Click here for a full description of my services and pricing.
And if you’re unsure what makes the most sense for you, contact me here to schedule a complimentary 15-minute consult.
Here’s to getting your writing off to a fabulous start in the New Year!
P.S.: If you’re ready to start writing your story now, click here to grab your Story Starter Kit.